7 step guide to your last minute PGMEE preparation
PGMEE preparation of medical students ends up in a fiasco near the Exams. There are many reasons for failed efforts towards preparations. Various unforeseen circumstances, procrastination, work schedule, heavy internship work, the list keeps going on and on. These could be the potential reasons for failure in preparations.
2021 Dream Pack: Clinical | Integrated | NEXT Ready
1. Handpick the topics
PGMEE aspirants should spend one or two days to make a list of topics that need to be covered in each of the subjects. This would bring out some worthy results. If you need help in picking out topics, then PrepLadder can help you with the same.
2. Go through your Notes and Highlights
We are sure you must have been making notes and highlighting texts in your textbook. Towards the end, make sure you have time to skim through the main notes and highlighted texts. You don’t have to be a perfectionist and revise each and everything in detail. For the PGMEE Exam, it is good enough, even if you have highlighted only a few topics.
3. Use your discretion to choose the right study source for excellent results
Some PGMEE Aspirants make a big mistake of participating in open forums. Although Open Forums have the advantage of coming up with good questions they also have the disadvantage of contradicting views and information that could greatly reduce your tendency to memorize things. In that case, you can rely on standard reference textbooks or online medical tutoring portals like PrepLadder which will equip you with all the resources to help you ace your medical entrance exams.
4. Take appropriate, time-bound breaks between Topics
Study breaks are a must between the subjects and topics during the preparations. It would be best to do something that relaxes you or take a nap in between of almost 30 minutes. It really becomes tough when you have to learn different topics at a stretch. Breaks work well by re-energizing your exhausted brain.
You could also resort to light food like fruits or light snacks in between 3 main meals to keep your energy levels high and robust. 3 small main meals will keep the tiredness at bay and improve your focus.
5. Evaluate your Topics
You can find new points and connections when you review the topic after the break. It will enhance the memory of the topics that you studied plus will lead to effective learning. You can make this to be a mental exercise that can be repeated after each topic. At least, sleep for 6-8 hours especially during the last month before the exam.
The 80/20 rule simply means that 80% of your output or productivity comes from 20 % of the inputs. The remaining 80% of the work is not usually that high –yielding PGMEE results. Also, it would be best to cover a large number of questions per day during the last month of your preparation.
7. Combination Approach
The combination approach means that a certain number of questions are to be done as mock test questions, a few others as questions revised with explanations and the rest others are to be prepared as rapid online revision questions.
It takes judicious time management, ample dedication and a great deal of organization to grab a respectable PG seat in your selected speciality in the last month of PGMEE Preparation. We here at PrepLadder wish you All the Best for your PGMEE Exam 2021.
Connect on Instagram
Globalisation and the Indian Economy- NCERT Notes UPSCMay 25 , 2022
Special Drawing Rights- UPSC Current AffairsMay 24 , 2022
5 MBA Myths BustedMay 24 , 2022
Medical-PG : FREE Access To All 19 Subjects | Test The Resource Before It Tests YouNov 10 , 2021
NEET-PG 2022 Date AnnouncedNov 01 , 2021
NEET PG 2021 Exam AnalysisSep 12 , 2021
Best Hospitals for DNB in IndiaMay 25 , 2017
DNB or MD / MS- Which is Better for Your Career Growth? | PrepLadderDec 18 , 2015