How To Fill GATE 2022 Application Form?
GATE 2022 will be conducted by the IIT Kharagpur on February 5,6,12 & 13, 2022 and its application form will be released on September 2, 2021, on the official website of IIT Kharagpur: https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/
To ensure that the GATE aspirants do not face any obstacle while filling the application form, PrepLadder has come up with a detailed guide on “How to Fill GATE 2022 Application Form?” The last date to register for GATE 2022 is September 24. Read the complete article to know more about the GATE 2022 application form.
GATE Application Form 2022 Important Dates
For a broad overview, the table listed below has important dates of GATE 2022:
|Important Events||GATE 2022 Dates|
|GATE 2022 Notification Release Date||1st August 2021|
|GATE Application Form 2022 Start Date||2nd September 2021|
|Last Date of Submission of GATE 2022 Application Form||24th September 2021|
|Last Date to fill the application with late fee||1st October 2021|
|Last Date for Change of Category, Paper, and Examination City (With an additional fee)||26th October 2021 to 1st November 2021|
|GATE Admit Card||3rd January 2022|
|Exam Date Forenoon: 9 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)|
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2022|
6th February 2022
12th February 2022
13th February 2022
|Announcement of Result||17th March 2022|
Also read: Preparation Strategy for GATE 2022
Before you can actually fill the GATE 2022 application form, you need to register first at the GATE Portal. Here’s how you can start the registration process:
GATE 2022 Registration
GATE exam registration process includes uploading of photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD), and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, during filling the online GATE 2022 application form.
For GATE registration 2022, candidates will be required to enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs – Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar – UID, College ID, Employee ID, and Driving License.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
|Category||Regular Period Fee (From 30th August to 24th September 2021||Extended Period Fee (From 25th September to 1st October 2021|
|Female Candidate (per paper)||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates (per paper)||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|All other candidates (per paper)||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
Information Required for Filling the GATE 2022 Online Form
A candidate needs to provide the below-mentioned information for filling the GATE 2022 online form:
- Candidate’s personal information like Name, Date of Birth, Personal mobile number, Parent’s name, and their mobile number.
- Address with PIN Code
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE Paper
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Candidate’s photograph and signature with specified requirements
- Valid photo identity
- Scanned copy of Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable)
- Net banking/debit card/credit card/wallet details for online payment.
GATE 2022 Photograph and Signature Requirements
To complete the registration process, applicants must upload a high-quality recently scanned photograph along with the scanned signature. Without the proper size of the image and signature, GATE Application Form 2022 will not be accepted by the concerned authority.
Let’s have a quick look at the photograph and signature requirements of the GATE 2022 Application form.
- Upload only a high-quality photograph as it will be printed on GATE 2022 admit card and scorecard.
- Photograph Format: JPEG
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate is required for the application form.
- The face of the candidate must cover 60% – 70% of the above-mentioned size of the photograph. ·
- The photograph must be recent, in COLOUR with WHITE background. Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
- Face in the photograph MUST NOT be covered with any foreign objects (except spectacles with power). Sunglasses, Caps, Hats, Coloured glasses, etc. are NOT allowed.
- Both the ears MUST be visible in the photo.
- Photo MUST contain ONLY the candidate’s face. NO objects/persons in the background are allowed.
- Maximum size for a photo can be 480×640 in pixels and minimum pixel resolution 240×320. File size MUST be minimum of 20 kB and maximum of 200 kB.
- The photograph MUST have a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose, ears and chin should be clearly visible.
- If the candidate normally wears spectacles, a photograph with glare on glasses is NOT acceptable in the photo. While the candidate may wear spectacles for the photoshoot, if the glare cannot be avoided, then the spectacles MUST be removed.
- Photographs which are not adhering to above criteria will lead to rejection of your GATE application, WITHOUT any refund of the application fee.
Upload the image of your clear signature in JPEG / JPG format of size with aspect ratio, height: width = 1.0 : A, where, value of A can be between 3.25 to 3.75. After cropping to the mentioned size, the area of signature must cover 70-80% of the image.
- Sign with black or dark blue colour ink only.
- File size MUST be within 5 kB (minimum) to 200 kB (maximum).
- The signature by any other person or in any other colour (other than black and blue) will NOT be accepted.
- Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
- To avoid a signature with a dark background, do not take photographs with a mobile phone.
- Only JPEG / JPG image format will be accepted
- The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 in pixels
- The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the applicant’s signature, at the time of examination, does NOT match the signature on the Admit Card, the applicant will be disqualified.
GATE 2022 Application Form Filling- Step by Step Process
Once you have successfully registered in the GATE portal, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to fill the application form:
- Visit the apply online page of GATE 2022
- Login with your Enrollment ID and password
- Tick the check box and click “Start Filling GATE 2022 Application Form”
- After starting the process, you further need to follow 5 steps to complete the application form
1. Exam Details
Under this section, fill the following details and save them to proceed to the next step:
- Select the number of papers you want to appear in One or Two
- Select the papers name from the dropdown menu and confirm the paper codes
- Select the examination country
- As per your requirement, select the examination cities
Also read: How To Prepare For GATE General Aptitude?
2. Personal Details
While filling in the details of this section, cross-check them carefully as they cannot be changed in the next steps:
- Enrollment ID
- Name on the Admit Card
- Verify your Email with the OTP sent on the email
- Verify mobile number with the OTP sent on the mobile number
- Choose your Date of Birth
- Select your Gender, Nationality, and Category
- Select Yes/No for PwD and Dyslexic Criteria
- Select country of permanent address
- Select valid Photo ID
- Write name and mobile number of Parents
3. Correspondence Address
Type your correspondence address in the following manner for further communication:
- Country and Pincode
- State or Union Territory
- Complete Address
4. Qualifying Degree Details
To confirm your eligibility for GATE 2022, provide the information about your degree such as:
- College city name
- College registration or roll number
- Select your degree name
- The discipline of your Qualifying Degree
- Select whether you are a Graduate or not and Graduation Year
- Your University and College name
5. Uploading Documents
After successfully completing the above-mentioned steps, it’s time to upload the documents in the specified format to support the information provided in the previous sections
- Recent colour photograph
- Upload signature
- Upload your photo ID
You can and should read the reference guidelines given in the uploading tab to understand the required format. It is crucial to follow these guidelines for the acceptance of your application without any error.
- After uploading all the required documents, save the application form and cross check each and every section again before submitting it.
- Click review and Submit to proceed to the next step.
- Put your E-signature by writing your name and submit to proceed to the payment method.
- Enter the OTP sent to the registered mobile number or email id.
- Proceed to pay the amount.
- After successful payment, log in to download your application form for further reference.
Kickstart your GATE preparation with PrepLadder and get your Dream Score with expert guidance from India’s renowned faculty for GATE, the DREAM TEAM.
Keep following our articles to apprise yourself with the latest information about the exam.
You can also join our Telegram channel so that you don’t miss any GATE updates.
Own Your Dream
Connect on Instagram
Most Comprehensive and High Yield Preparation Resource for GATE
Accessible via Invite Only
Custom Module Is Now Here!Sep 18 , 2021
Proven Tips To Prepare For GATE Electrical EngineeringSep 07 , 2021
Tips To Prepare Engineering Mathematics For GATE 2022Sep 03 , 2021
Online GATE coaching: A real game-changerAug 13 , 2021
What is GATE?Aug 06 , 2021