How to Prepare for Science and Technology?
With the fast change in the pattern of UPSC Prelims and Mains examination and the availability of a plethora of resources for UPSC by different coaching institutes and individual YouTube channels, it becomes more important to know what has to be studied in the UPSC exam preparation and how preparation has to be done.
This stands true for all subjects including Science and Technology. If you are currently preparing for the subject, then you should keep the below-mentioned points in mind for effective preparation:
- Always try to go to the optimum depth of any concept of Science and Technology. Shallow understanding would not be sufficient to solve questions of preliminary examination especially when UPSC is changing the nature of the question at a very fast pace. Also, more than required deeper understanding and spending more time on a few concepts may compromise time on other subjects.
- Try to cover dynamic as well as static concepts. Basic concepts are given in NCERT (PrepSummary); the Selective static concept of Lucent etc. should be broadly covered to gain an advantage over peer aspirants.
Also read: What are PrepLadder NCERT Notes?
- Concepts should be understood in detail with PrepLadder experts for a better understanding of Science and Technology-related current affairs.
- New terms of S&T, ISRO and NASA missions and explorations, Viral, bacterial and other such disease-related short notes should be scribbled and revised before preliminary examinations.
- Due to the limited syllabus, every topic notes should have a diagram and basic details so that every type of question (except some bouncers) from that topic can be written in the Mains.
- PrepLadder’s Current affairs magazine should be followed continuously along with basic resources like PIB, TIFR Website (if time permits).
Ultimately, multiple revision is the key and all resources should be revised multiple times. Hence, resources should be limited and can be better tuned by solving and understanding questions of previous years. Also, you can refer to PrepLadder’s Rapid Revision course for the same as it covers the entire Prelims syllabus in just 125 hours without missing any important topic.
Want to enhance your Science & Technology preparation? Watch a detailed video lecture on the Developmental Journey of Supercomputers in India, by Sharad Tripathi Sir, our DREAM TEAM faculty for Science & Technology.
Own Your Dream
Connect on Instagram
Globalisation and the Indian Economy- NCERT Notes UPSCMay 25 , 2022
Special Drawing Rights- UPSC Current AffairsMay 24 , 2022
5 MBA Myths BustedMay 24 , 2022
Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution- NCERT Notes UPSCMar 15 , 2022
UPSC CSE 2022 Application Form Released. Check Eligibility Criteria, How To Apply.Feb 02 , 2022
UPSC Exam Calendar 2022 Released. Check CSE DatesJan 04 , 2022
Explained: UPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021Aug 12 , 2021
How to Choose the Right Optional Subject for the UPSC Mains?Aug 06 , 2021