JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Analysis And Student Experience
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur organised the JEE advanced 2021 on 03 October, and this year, more than 1.6 lakh students had registered for the exam. The two papers of JEE advanced 2021 were held in two shifts: Paper-1 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and Paper-2 from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. The IIT-JEE entrance exam was conducted in a computer-based mode with two papers- Paper 1 and 2. Both the papers were 3 hours, each with three sections- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Paper-1 had a total of 57 questions, which was 54 last year.
After analysing the JEE advanced 2021 exam pattern, difficulty level and marking scheme, it was found that overall the exam was moderate to difficult. Also, the students found the Mathematics section the toughest. Physics and Chemistry sections were moderate in difficulty level.
The detailed JEE advanced 2021 Exam Analysis given here is based on the student’s experience. In addition to this, PrepLadder subject experts, after reviewing the JEE advanced 2021 question paper, have also provided an in-depth analysis.
JEE Advanced 2021 Highlights
|JEE Advanced 2021||Details|
|Exam Date||03 October 2021|
|Exam Timings||Paper-1: 9 AM to 12 PMPaper-2: 2.30 PM to 5:30 PM|
|Exam Duration||3 hours for each paper (but, 4 hours for PwD students)|
|Answer Key Release Date||10 October 2021|
|Result Date||15 October 2021|
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam: Difficulty Level
JEE Advanced 2021 Subject Wise Analysis
- Paper-2 was tougher and lengthier compared to Paper-1.
- The overall difficulty level was in order: Maths>Chemistry>Physics.
- Most questions were from the 11th class in the Physics section, whereas Chemistry had balanced questions from class 11th and 12th. However, Mathematics was the most challenging section, and more weightage was given to Class 11 topics.
- The students who had practised lots of JEE advanced mock tests were at an extra edge due to the exposure to various questions. Therefore, they could solve such problems within a stipulated time as they were already familiar with them.
- Mathematics – As per the candidates, maths was the most difficult segment, and more weightage was given to class 11th chapters. Probability, Matrices and Determinants were dominant topics in Maths. There were a few questions from Calculus, and the maths section consisted of questions from Functions, Continuity & Differentiability, Definite Integrals, and application of derivatives. In coordinate geometry, some tricky questions were asked from the Circle, Parabola & Ellipse chapter. A tricky question was also asked from the trigonometry chapter, and in Algebra, there were questions from Permutation & Combination, Probability, Complex Numbers, and Vectors.
- Physics – The majority of students agreed that The Physics portion of paper-2 was easy to moderate. Questions were asked from chapters of Fluids, Electromagnetic Induction, Current Electricity, and Rotational Motion.The number of questions and chapters are as follows:
|Chapters||No. of questions asked|
|Heat & Thermodynamics||2|
- Chemistry – Some students found the Chemistry section of paper-2 was tricky, and there was complete topic coverage. Questions were directly asked from NCERT in Inorganic Chemistry. In Physical Chemistry, questions were asked from Electrochemistry, Titration, Thermodynamics. Questions were mainly asked from Biomolecules, Amines, and Oxygen-containing compounds, in Organic chemistry.
Guidelines for JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Day
- Applicants had to reach the examination centre 60 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- Students had to carry JEE advanced admit card 2021 along with one ID proof.
- Students had to bring their face mask, hand sanitiser and transparent water bottle.
- The temperature of the candidates was recorded before entering the examination hall.
While preparing for JEE advanced 2021, the data-driven insights of PrepLadder made it possible for aspirants to use the available sources and time effectively. Moreover, at PrepLadder, we believe that reliable data and intelligent algorithms are aspects of customising learning approaches and enabling students to achieve their goals. Most of the students we surveyed stated that they benefited from the PrepLadder IIT-JEE Preparation app, mentor guidance, study material, QBank and exam preparation strategy provided by PrepLadder.
We are thankful to all the JEE advanced 2021 aspirants who invested their efforts, time, energy, and faith in the PrepLadder and found it worthy. It gives us everlasting joy to acknowledge that many questions in the exam were repeated from the PrepLadder JEE test series. It encourages our aim to deliver the best every time!
Stay tuned for more updates.
Own Your Dream.
To know the latest updates of the JEE Mains and Advanced, do subscribe to our Telegram channel!
Connect on Instagram
Most Comprehensive and High Yield Preparation Resource for IIT JEE
Accessible via Invite Only
How Can An Average Student Crack The IIT-JEE Advanced?Aug 25 , 2021
JEE Advanced 2021: Marks and Rank AnalysisAug 06 , 2021
How to divide your time for each subject? IIT-JEE Exam Preparation StrategyJul 30 , 2021
How to get a Top 50 Rank in JEEJul 23 , 2021
JEE Main Syllabus 2022: Syllabus For Physics, Chemistry, And MathematicsJul 14 , 2021