Last Two Months' Strategy for Prelims
Everyone has their strategy to crack any examination including the Preliminary examination of UPSC, but some points can be taken care of to have proper utilization of crucial time during the UPSC exam preparation.
“Be confident” is one of the important things which should be always in our minds in the last few days. We should always think that every aspirant is struggling with the same issues and challenges, so we have to be calm and confident in this phase to score better than our less confident peers.
Strategy can be divided into two categories
For an aspirant who had already cleared the preliminary examination in the last attempts
- You already have experience in clearing examinations but don’t be overconfident.
- Try to have complete focus on the preliminary examination now as other aspirants (especially first attempter) are devoting maximum energy and time to the preliminary examination.
- Focus on static subjects like modern history, polity, art and culture, geography, and economics in the first phase as a question from these can be solved if you revised them now and do not find time just before prelims.
Also read: Importance of PYQs in UPSC
- In May, try to study the subjects which you think would take less time and more things needs to be remembered. For example, Medieval history terms, Environmental Terms and Conventions, endangered species etc.
- Try to solve as many mocks as possible to get ideas about silly mistakes.
Give an extra edge to your UPSC CSE preparation with our Prelims Booster Series. Watch a detailed video on PM Urja Ganga Project & National Hydrogen Mission by Prem Sodhani sir, our Current Affairs faculty:
For Aspirants who are very new in the Preparation and are giving their first attempt
- Along with all points mentioned above, you have to be smarter as exam pattern is continuously evolving in an unpredictable direction.
- Don’t be overburdened with new material now and try to stick to your already studied material.
- Try to solve as many mocks as possible and that too of different coaching institutes.
- Focus on science, environment, ancient and medieval history now itself as new aspirant have tendency to neglect such subjects whereas UPSC is having high weightage of these subjects.
- Always try to revise maximum times and highlight your mistakes during mocks so that such mistake does not happen in examinations.
- And ultimately, it is a competition where absolute marks are not relevant however you should score more than your peer competition, however low it may be. So don’t be underconfident by seeing your score in mocks and have faith in your hard work.
- At the same time, silly mistakes cannot be tolerated in such a cutthroat competition age so always be in high spirit in this time of preparation as this time is the only deciding factor whether you have done hard work for the whole year or not.
Finally, All the best and be confident.
Own Your Dream
Connect on Instagram
FMGE June 2022 Exam Result OutJun 24 , 2022
How to Crack CAT in 4 monthsJun 22 , 2022
UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Results Declared. Check Now.Jun 22 , 2022
Sri Lanka Economic Crisis- UPSC Current AffairsApr 13 , 2022
Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution- NCERT Notes UPSCMar 15 , 2022
UPSC CSE 2022 Application Form Released. Check Eligibility Criteria, How To Apply.Feb 02 , 2022
UPSC Exam Calendar 2022 Released. Check CSE DatesJan 04 , 2022
Explained: UPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021Aug 12 , 2021