National Air Sports Policy 2022- UPSC Current Affairs
Upgrade your UPSC exam preparation and reach closer to your IAS dream with our Current Affairs Dialog box wherein we discuss crucial issues of national and international importance. In today’s edition, we will discuss National Air Sports Policy 2022.
Click here to read our yesterday’s edition of Current Affairs in case you missed reading it.
Why in the News?
Recently, the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) announced the country’s first national air sports policy (NASP 2022).
Highlights of the NASP 2022
- About: The new policy lays out the vision of making India one of the top sports nations by 2030 by providing a safe, affordable, accessible, enjoyable and sustainable air sports ecosystem in India.
Key Objectives of the NASP 2022
- Promote an air sports culture in the country
- Enable adoption of international good practices in safety including but not limited to, air sports infrastructure, equipment, operations, maintenance and training
- Develop a simple, stakeholder-friendly and effective governance structure
- Enhance participation and success of Indian sportspersons in global air sports events; and
- Promote design, development and manufacturing of air sports equipment in India in line with the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- Governance Structure: Under the new policy, there will be a four-tier governance structure for air sports in India namely:
- Air Sports Federation of India (ASFI) as the apex governing body
- National associations for individual air sports or a set of air sports, as appropriate
- Regional (e.g., West/ South/ North East etc.) or State and Union Territory level units of the national air sports associations, as appropriate; and
- District-level air sports associations, as appropriate.
- Coverage: Air sports, as the name suggests, encompasses various sports activities involving the medium of air.
- These include sports like air-racing, aerobatics, aeromodelling, hang-gliding, paragliding, paramotoring and skydiving etc.
Significance of the Policy
- India has the potential to be among the leading nations in the world of air sports.
- It has a large geographical expanse, diverse topography and fair-weather conditions. It has a large population, especially the youth. It has a growing culture for adventure sports and aviation.
- Other than the direct revenue from air sports activities, the multiplier benefits in terms of growth of travel, tourism, infrastructure and local employment, especially in hilly areas of the country, are several times greater.
- Creation of air sports hubs across the country will also bring in air sports professionals and tourists from across the world.
If you are targeting UPSC CSE 2023, then watch this video to get useful insights for your exam preparation:
- The NASP 2022, is a step in the right direction and will ensure the establishment of good quality infrastructure, equipment, instructors and services.
The Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI), headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland is the world governing body for air sports.
Founded on 14 October 1905, it sets standards, organizes events and maintains global records. FAI has over 100 members.
About Air Sports Federation of India:
ASFI shall be an autonomous body under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
ASFI shall represent India at FAI and other global platforms related to air sports.
It will be chaired by the Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Download the PrepLadder app to amplify your UPSC CSE preparation and to experience a revolution in UPSC education.
You can also join our Telegram channel for UPSC exam preparation to apprise yourself with the latest information about the exam.
Own Your Dream
Connect on Instagram
30 Days Revision Strategy for UPSC CSE Mains Exam 2022Aug 08 , 2022
NEET PG 2023 - High-Yield Topics for SurgeryAug 01 , 2022
Sri Lanka Economic Crisis- UPSC Current AffairsApr 13 , 2022
Fundamental Rights in the Indian Constitution- NCERT Notes UPSCMar 15 , 2022
UPSC CSE 2022 Application Form Released. Check Eligibility Criteria, How To Apply.Feb 02 , 2022
UPSC Exam Calendar 2022 Released. Check CSE DatesJan 04 , 2022
Explained: UPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021Aug 12 , 2021