NEET PG 2023: Exam Date Announced
The speculations around the exam date for NEET PG or NEXT 2023 have finally ended. Students now have a certain exam date to focus on while preparing for the entrance exam. The National Board of Examination in Medical Science (NBEMS) has announced the tentative exam date of NEET PG 2023, along with the schedule of forthcoming exams next year. Aspirants can mark their calendar for March 5, 2023.
Now, before you put your NEET PG preparations in the fifth gear, make sure you go through the important exam-related info we have enlisted below.
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It’s vital for all aspirants to properly check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application. Here’s a list of essential requirements that will make you eligible for the entrance exam:
- A valid MBBS degree issued by a recognised institute under the Medical Council of India (MCI). A provisional certificate to that effect will also work.
- Completion of the rotatory internship on or before July 31, 2023.
- Provisional or permanent medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council. Candidates must carry this document on the exam day and during admission.
- Aspirants who have completed their MBBS degree from outside India must qualify for the FMGE exam before appearing for the NEET PG exam.
NEET PG 2023 Application Process
The entire application process for the NEET PG entrance exam is online. Candidates must visit the NBE official website to fill out the application form and pay the required application fees. For your convenience, we have enlisted the entire process in a step-by-step manner below:
- Visit NBE’s official website nbe.edu.in and click on the NEET PG 2023 tab.
- Navigate to the ‘new registration’ tab and fill out the requested details.
- The applicant will receive the user ID and password through SMS and Email on their registered mobile/email.
- Log in with your credentials to fill out the application form.
- The application form will request certain details such as personal details, qualifications (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), and test centre details.
- You must also upload a recent passport-size photograph and signature in the format and size requested by the authorities.
- Choose your preferred exam centre.
- Pay the application fees online via debit/credit card or net banking.
- Lastly, take a printout of the filled application form with the transaction ID printed on it.
Important: If you incorrectly fill out some important details, the exam authority also provides a correction window. Applicants are allowed to edit certain information in their application form only during the correction window. However, details like name, mobile number, email ID, test centre, and nationality cannot be changed. For more details, you must refer to the information bulletin published on the NBEMS website.
NEET PG 2023 Exam Pattern
Knowing and understanding the exam pattern helps aspirants with their preparations. So, make sure to go through the latest NEET PG exam pattern listed below:
|Mode of exam||Computer-based Test|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Medium of the Question paper||English|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking scheme||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: – 1 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
NEET PG 2023 Preparation Tips
NEET PG 2023 exam is just 6 months away. It’s time to step up your preparations, and we have some excellent resources to help you.
Firstly, you can sign up for the NEET PG Dream Pack for 6 months and get access to some excellent preparation resources such as Prep Notes, video lectures, QBank, Past year questions, and more.
Next, you must realise that less time and more syllabus require targeted preparation with a laser focus on high-yielding topics. With the help of subject matter experts, we have compiled a list of important must-read topics from high-weightage subjects. Make sure you read these topics carefully as they have been repeatedly asked in past exams.
|High-Yield Topics for Pharmacology||Click Here|
|High-Yield Topics for Radiology||Click Here|
|High-Yield Topics for Pediatrics||Click Here|
|High-Yield Topics for Surgery||Click Here|
|High-Yield Topics for Ophthalmology||Click Here|
|High-Yield Topics for Medicine & Toxicology||Click Here|
|High-Yield Topics for PSM||Click Here|
Besides reading these high-yield topics, you must also refer to PrepLadder’s Rapid Revision 4.0. IIt has been recently updated with amazing new features designed to enhance exam preparation. Make sure to check them out on the PrepLadder app.
Own Your Dream
Connect on Instagram
Detailed Application Form (DAF): All You Need To KnowSep 23 , 2022
FREE Access to General Medicine Content | The Treasure House of Knowledge You Can’t Afford to MissJan 21 , 2022
Medical-PG : FREE Access To All 19 Subjects | Test The Resource Before It Tests YouNov 10 , 2021
Rapid Revision 3.0 & Snapshot 3.0 | Our Best Notes Ever | Now AvailableSep 15 , 2021
Best Hospitals for DNB in IndiaMay 25 , 2017
DNB or MD / MS- Which is Better for Your Career Growth? | PrepLadderDec 18 , 2015