NEET PG 2023: High-Yield Topics for Pharmacology
The tentative exam date for NEET PG 2023 is January 23. This means that there are roughly 6 months left for the exam. Aspirants who aim to appear for this upcoming exam must gear up now.
To help make your NEET PG preparations more fruitful, PrepLadder has come up with a list of high-yield topics for pharmacology.
After carefully studying the exam pattern for the last 10 years and with the help of our expert faculty, Dr. Gobind Rai Garg, we have identified some must-read topics that will help you score better in the exam. Read on.
As per the latest pattern, the NEET PG exam is divided into three sections – A, B & C. Section A consists of 50 questions, Section B consists of 100 questions, and Section C consists of 150 questions.
The marking scheme is the same throughout all the sections. Pharmacology is a part of Section B and comprises of 20 questions.
Type of Questions asked in NEET?
Based on the latest exam pattern, the following are the primary types of questions that you can expect in the upcoming exam:
1. Single best answer
2. Image-based questions
3. True or false type questions
High-Yield Topics For Pharmacology
Pharmacology is an enormous and diverse subject but well-scoring nonetheless. Although you need to cover the entire syllabus once for your NEET-PG preparation, you must focus more on high-yield topics to make your learning more productive.
Our famous Pharma faculty Dr. Gobind Rai Garg has prepared a list of essential topics that must be prepared and revised thoroughly.
You can also watch this video on high-yield topics by Dr. Gobind Rai Garg.
- Bioavailability – its clinical importance and how to calculate bioavailability
- PC-T Graph
- Volume and distribution – clinical importance & formula
- CYP substrates, inducers, inhibitors
- First and zero-order kinetics
- Different types of receptors & which drugs act upon which receptors
- Clinical Trials
- Practicals including prescription
- Basic architecture and functions of the divisions of ANS
- Receptors of the sympathetic and parasympathetic system
- AChe inhibitors, including OP poisoning
- Uses of anticholinergic drugs and poisoning
- Used of adrenaline, noradrenaline, and dopamine
- Alpha-blockers and beta-blockers
- Antihistaminics (1st vs 2nd generation)
- 5HT receptors
- NSAIDs: PCM and aspirin in detail
- Drugs for gout
- Drugs for RA
- Basic concepts and drugs in acute and chronic CHF
- Digoxin in detail
- Antihypertensive drugs mechanism and major adverse effects
- New drugs for angina
- Mechanism and names of anti-arrhythmic drugs
- Statins and new anti-dyslipidemic drugs
- GnRH and Octreotide
- Anti-diabetic drug
- Steroids mainly adverse effects
- SERMs and OCPs
- Barbiturates Vs benzodiazepines
- Mechanism of drugs for Parkinsonism and Epilepsy with DOC
- Extrapyramidal symptoms
- Antidepressant drugs
- Addictive drugs
- Warfarin and Heparin
- Basic mechanism of antiplatelet drugs
- Newer oral anticoagulants
Respiratory and GIT
- Bronchial Asthma
- Peptic ulcer
- Anti-emetic drug
- Beta lactams in detail
- Vancomycin mechanism uses, and resistance
- Tetracyclines, macrolides, and aminoglycosides
- DOC for various infections
- Tuberculosis and malaria in detail
- Antifungal drugs
Anticancer and IS
- Basic classification
- Mechanism and major adverse effects
- Monoclonal antibodies and nomenclature
- Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus
- Treatment of Hyperkalemia
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Antidotes of various drugs
Make sure to cover all the topics mentioned above in detail, and you will be able to score excellent marks in the exam. Download the PrepLadder app now and be the first one to know the high-yield topics of the remaining 18 subjects.
Own Your Dream
Connect on Instagram
Important Topics of World History UPSC Mains 2022Aug 19 , 2022
Maternal Health Situation in India- UPSC Current AffairsAug 17 , 2022
FREE Access to General Medicine Content | The Treasure House of Knowledge You Can’t Afford to MissJan 21 , 2022
Medical-PG : FREE Access To All 19 Subjects | Test The Resource Before It Tests YouNov 10 , 2021
Rapid Revision 3.0 & Snapshot 3.0 | Our Best Notes Ever | Now AvailableSep 15 , 2021
Best Hospitals for DNB in IndiaMay 25 , 2017
DNB or MD / MS- Which is Better for Your Career Growth? | PrepLadderDec 18 , 2015