Top 10 books for JEE exam preparation
Do you aspire to have admission to a prestigious engineering college and dream of becoming a successful engineer? If your answer is yes, then the best way to fulfill your dreams is to crack the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).
Only through JEE entrance, you can be a part of some of the best colleges and institutions in India. Furthermore, these institutions give top engineering courses. However, IIT-JEE is one of the toughest entrance exams organized all over India and the competition is also cutthroat. Every year, lakhs of aspirants appear for the entrance exam.
There are specific things that students need to do to crack the JEE exam. It requires smart planning, a positive mindset, and a good amount of dedication! Apart from this, it is also necessary for candidates to make use of the right study materials. As such, several JEE books are available in the market but it is important to choose the best ones. Choosing the right study materials and books for JEE mains might look like choosing a pearl from the ocean but the truth is referring to the right books has added benefits. Good study material will help you to develop a complete depth of topics rather than superficial knowledge.
Therefore, we recommend students find the right study material. This article will guide you to prepare for JEE mains successfully with the top 10 books recommended by IIT toppers!
Top 10 Books For JEE Mains All Subjects
The best Physics books for JEE preparation are listed below. Do not neglect your NCERT textbook of Physics, as that will help you to build your base and clear your doubts.
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended)
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
The best Chemistry books for JEE preparation are listed below. Do not neglect your NCERT textbook of Chemistry, as that will help you to build your base and clear your doubts.
- Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd (This book covers a lot of topics with extensive detail. If you have a time constraint, make sure you highlight what is important)
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
The best Maths books for JEE preparation are listed below. Do not neglect your NCERT textbook of Mathematics, as that will help you to build your base and clear your doubts.
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
- Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw-Hill publications. [practice]
Difference Between JEE Main And JEE Advanced Syllabus
Apart from the books, students should read the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th, which is a must! Also, aspirants should know some important things about the JEE syllabus, especially the difference between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced syllabus. There is a slight difference between both syllabuses. JEE Advanced contains some added topics in contrast to JEE Main. The JEE Main exam mainly deals with NCERT level topics. Meanwhile, the JEE Advanced syllabus covers the depth of every topic. It requires the preparation of JEE Advanced more effort.
Some Useful Tips For JEE
The top 10 books given above will help you speed up your JEE quite easily. Also, the following tips will help with your daily progress.
- After finishing every topic, always solve MCQs as it will give you an idea of an in-depth understanding of the topic.
- Make proper study notes while studying these books as it will hinder you from reading the topics which are not that important.
- Take a lot of mock test series and solve previous year’s papers as it will boost your self-confidence and prepare you for the upcoming exam.
Remember that success is the sum of tiny efforts, repeated daily! So, if you want to crack the JEE exam, make sure to complete the small targets you set for yourself every day. Follow the top 10 books to crack JEE, and once you go through these books, you will master the topics and will score high.
Once your fundamentals are clear, you can use other high-level books for JEE preparation. These books are good as they explain the concepts in a simple way for students to understand and remember for longer.
Keep visiting PrepLadder to know more about JEE exams, be it the right books, study material, syllabus, exam pattern, preparation tips, etc.