UPSC CMS Personality Test: A Word of Advice
As the UPSC CMS written examination is over, candidates are now gearing up to prepare for the personality test. This final part of the examination is the decider of your future as a medical officer and thus, a valuable opportunity to bump off other candidates in order to have an excellent career ahead.
It is important to stay motivated and confident to convince the interviewer by showing your skills and knowledge. However, there are many more tips one must acquaint oneself with to prepare for this test.
PrepLadder has come forward to lend support to the candidates through this blog which will pave their way to succeed in the UPSC CMS Personality Test.
Things you need to know about Personality Test:
Once you clear the written examination, you will be called for the personality test/interview.
The total marks for the Written Examination is 500 marks and for Personality Test is 100 marks. As the final selection will be based upon the performance in both the examinations, therefore, it is crucial that you prepare well for the personality test as well.
As the name suggest besides the assessment of various aspects of the personality, interview will aim at judging basically general knowledge, academic performance, leadership skills, grasping power, alertness of mind, balance of judgement, and social behavior.
Also read: How to crack the UPSC CMS interview?
You will be analyzed by a board consisting of about 7-8 members from various backgrounds like medical professionals or from non-medical background such as civil services personnel.
Tips to prepare for UPSC CMS Personality Test
In order to crack this test, you need to be well prepared, dedicated and confident. Comprehend tips that are essential to achieve success in the personality test.
- Be optimistic and stay calm. Remember, first impression is the last impression. Thus, to make a lasting impression, you need to look confident and exhibit a happy demeanor.
- Do not forget to wish the interviewers on entering the interview room and after leaving as well. Our body is known to speak a thousand words, thus, wishing properly can leave a remarkable impact which will work as the foundation of your personality test.
- You need to stand straight and make proper eye contact. It can develop a good communication between you and the interviewer.
- Dressing well is a form of good manners. Wear formals and avoid loud colors. The attire must be neat, clean and properly ironed.
- Be sincere and confident when you appear for the test.
- Be a good listener. Pay proper attention to what the interviewer say or ask as it is one of the most sincere forms of respect. In case, you missed the question, politely ask the interviewer to repeat the same for you again instead of giving the wrong answer.
- It is always preferable to answer the questions to the point but do not be too specific as the interviewer may not get what you are trying to answer.
- Only give relevant and logical answers.
- Be honest if you don’t know the answer of a question and admit it truthfully. Politely apologize for not knowing the question but refrain from answering incorrectly as it may take away the advantage of being honest as well.
- Prepare well for both general knowledge and medical subjects.
- Another method to score well in personality test is to prepare for the commonly asked or expected questions which can be asked from the seniors who already had appeared. Being aware will relieve some of your nervousness and helps to prepare better.
- “Preparedness and punctuality are two of the most important qualities of a leader”. Thus, be on time in order to avoid stress and panic. Make proper arrangements ahead of time so that being late does not affect your performance at the personality test.
Personality test may be demanding and may put you in the state of nervousness. But, remember your flair and focus will definitely bring around success.
Read here: Tips to crack the UPSC CMS Personality Test
PrepLadder wish that you observe good results and shine in your career as a medical professional.
“Imagine with your entire mind, Believe with all your heart & Achieve with all your might”
Good luck for the day!!
Keep Following PrepLadder!!
2021 Dream Pack: Clinical | Integrated | NEXT Ready
Connect on Instagram
Special Drawing Rights- UPSC Current AffairsMay 24 , 2022
5 MBA Myths BustedMay 24 , 2022
Rural Development in India- NCERT Notes UPSCMay 24 , 2022
National Report Of The NFHS-5 - UPSC Current AffairsMay 23 , 2022
Supreme Court Judges Appointment- UPSC Current AffairsMay 21 , 2022
Medical-PG : FREE Access To All 19 Subjects | Test The Resource Before It Tests YouNov 10 , 2021
NEET-PG 2022 Date AnnouncedNov 01 , 2021
NEET PG 2021 Exam AnalysisSep 12 , 2021
Best Hospitals for DNB in IndiaMay 25 , 2017
DNB or MD / MS- Which is Better for Your Career Growth? | PrepLadderDec 18 , 2015